1.04.2012

New Year, New Opportunities

A lot on my mind today! I would like to make note on my blog about a few new years resolutions that I have so that I can look back on them often and evaluate how I did when 2013 rolls around. These are my goals for 2012...

Pay off my car. I have 14 months of payments left and I would like to spread the 13th and 14th month payments into the 12 payments I make from now until the end of the year and have it completely paid off by December 31st, 2012. It will feel so great to have a paid off car, even though my car isn't an eye catcher. It is the first car I bought and paid for all on my own and I am excited to be car payment-less while I finish college.

Organize our closet. Pictures to come!!! Our closet is definitely the most embarrassing part of our house right now. It will be going out of my comfort zone to post pics of it but come on, we're college students and super busy. We don't have time for random little things like this, but I will make time this year! It will be neat to see before and after pics and share them with everyone. My plan is to throw a LOT of things away =) Dave isn't as excited by this idea as I am. Evil face... >] My general rule of thumb is that if I haven't used something in over a year, to toss it. It's just wasting space!!! I want to also put three laundry baskets either in our closet or our bathroom and have one be for Dave's clothes that haven't been put away yet, one for my clean clothes that haven't been put away yet and the third one for our dirty clothes. We have a bad habit of not putting our clean clothes away after they are cleaned and dried.

Clean out the storage room. Dave and I decided this would be our goal as a couple. We think there are many things in there that can be thrown out but there might also be some things we don't use that we can sell on ksl. It would be so nice to have a cleaner space to put things when we need to (and be able to find things when we need them!!!).

Get away, just the two of us, for no reason. St. George? Idaho? Mesquite? Dave doesn't know about this resolution yet but I would like for the two of us to go away for a weekend, with no real itinerary. We do travel for fun and for his competitions but I would like a whole weekend with him to myself and no list of things we need to do. Being lazy, sitting by the pool, going to some less-traveled bar and getting drunk and slow dancing. Whatever, I just know it is great for our relationship when we get to do things like this and leave all our cares behind.

I want to keep it simple, because these are things that I REALLY want done, but I also don't want to put too much on my list and not be able to finish all of it. I hope everyone else has made goals for 2012 and that they are able to stick to them. It's amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment